Have you memorised the EpiPen® mantra: Blue to the Sky, Orange to the Thigh? These eight simple words can help guide you if you need to use EpiPen® for yourself or someone else.
1st Tip: Blue to the Sky
This part of the mantra can prompt you to complete the initial process of using EpiPen®.
- Grasp the EpiPen® Auto-Injector with the blue safety cap pointing upwards (towards the sky).
- Remove the safety cap by pulling straight up – do not bend or twist.
2nd Tip: Orange to the Thigh
This part of the mantra prompts you to complete the process of using EpiPen®.
- Place the orange tip against the middle of the outer thigh at a right angle (90-degree angle).
- Push the auto-injector firmly into the thigh until a click is heard or felt.
- Hold firmly in place for 3 seconds and then remove.
3rd Tip: One more thing
Always seek medical attention after using EpiPen®. Call triple zero (000) for an ambulance.
Now that you have the basics, why not watch our training videos on how to use EpiPen®, which are available in 26 languages.